An artist's journal.
Here you'll find my paintings and musings, where the featured subjects could likely cover just about anything.
The last 4+ years I've been caring for my best buddy B during his courageous fight to live through cancer and it's complications. I'm tickled to report, he's getting better and I'm finding small bits of painting time again.

Looking forward to a daily celebration of life's gifts by using the brightest, happiest colors in the box!


Visitors looking for 'B's Journey', click here.

Saturday, August 2, 2008


Been a bit under the weather for a few days and i am incredibly grateful to brian and annie for their love and support, hugs and kisses, roses and ginger ale... feeling a whole lot better so i'm going to be putting some paint on canvas today!...
Below is a 2005 minimalist painting of brian and annie... i like this style quite a bit and actually have a minimalist work in progress right now... "a fair evening" is it's working title and gently hints at it's subject.....
I start by adding unusual texture to a canvas (messy and fun)... then i paint multiple layers of richly colored glazes for beautiful skies and landscapes to accent my itty bitty subjects...
"ANNIE AND THE RED KITE" 2005
18" x 24"
acrylic on canvas
A magnified detail shows that annie and brian are quite accurate, even though they are REALLY, REALLY SMALL on the canvas... brian is only about an inch high... you can see some of the neat texture on the canvas as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"There are days when I feel I could've painted the Sistine Chapel and, then, there are the days when I'm not sure I could trace a stick figure.... the only difference between these days is my state of mind"~ Jenna Millward Corkill