An artist's journal.
Here you'll find my paintings and musings, where the featured subjects could likely cover just about anything.
The last 4+ years I've been caring for my best buddy B during his courageous fight to live through cancer and it's complications. I'm tickled to report, he's getting better and I'm finding small bits of painting time again.

Looking forward to a daily celebration of life's gifts by using the brightest, happiest colors in the box!


Visitors looking for 'B's Journey', click here.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

The snowflake wish



The snowflake wishjenna millward corkill 2007©

You've heard it many times before,
though try as hard as you might,
out of a trillion, billion, gazillion,
you will not find two alike.

So imagine our amazement
while searching the winter sky,
we happened to see, oh could it be?!
twin snowflakes floating by!

We ran after them a shouting,
as we couldn't believe our eyes.
They turned around and smiled,
delighted with our surprise.

"Make a wish, hurry!" they laughed
"like you do on a shooting star!"
for seeing us is a special treat
and much more rare, by far!

So we closed our eyes and made our wish
of all good things for you.
Have a very Merry Christmas
and a Happy New Year too!


To all our friends and family, far and near, Brian and I wish you a joyous, peaceful Christmas.



These are all photos of actual snowflakes taken with a photomicroscope.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
"There are days when I feel I could've painted the Sistine Chapel and, then, there are the days when I'm not sure I could trace a stick figure.... the only difference between these days is my state of mind"~ Jenna Millward Corkill